Friday, May 05, 2006

El jardin, 5 de mayo

Phil dropped by this morning to pick up his motorcycle and I photographed him with the forsythia.



He had to do some maintenance but was soon on his way to campus.



Since I was out and about with the camera I thought I'd take some photos of the garden. We closed on the house on May 12, 1991 so in a week it will be the 15th anniversary of our owning 296 Melrose Street.

The rhododendron is an annoying pale pink-beige but before the flowers open the color is saturated and satisfying.



The kwanzan cherry is next to a variegated olive. Pi the cat and Honey the dog are buried under it.



I like the grape hyacinths better than the real ones which are too aggressive and large. The forget-me-nots last pretty well in the shade.




To the right of the front door there is a terrific white lilac. It is just behind a deep purple one that's not quite in bloom.



The line-up between our house and the driveway: white dogwood,lilac, flowering quince. Marilyn's cherry tree is to the right.

No comments: